blank
blank

Compassion

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Crafty Corner ~ Love Bugs

I received my monthly email from The MAILBOX the other day. If you haven't checked out this site stop reading and go now! Any chance I get to obtain their publications I jump. There is free stuff on the site and I get an email once a month with ideas. This month there was an idea for a Love Bug. So the girls and I made some for B's office at work.


You will need: Two colors of paper we used red and pink, paper fastener, scissors, marker, stamps and ink

OR stickers, 3-D eyes are optional.

for wings while you cut out the body. Little Bo Peep (age 3 years) had so much fun using my stamps just like a big girl!

I used a bowl to trace the body and wings. And a cup for the head.

Have your child write a message (help them if needed) on the body that will peek out under the wings. Put on the eyes, mouth, and antennae.

Cut the wings. I folded them in half and then cut a slightly rounded line next to the fold (I'm sorry there is no picture).

Attach wings with the paper fastener and your Love Bug is ready to fly into someones heart!

For younger children cut wings before decorating. Give the child stickers to put on the wings. Goldilocks (age 16 months) loved using the foamy heart stickers. All the other directions are the same!


This Crafty Corner post was written by Andi, You can visit her at her blog, Memories are the Scraps of Life. Thanks for sharing these adorable love-bugs!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Very cute idea. Thanks for sharing!

Laura said...

Yes, adorable! Thank you, also, for the introduction to The Mailbox: looks fabulous.

Unknown said...

Cute! Thanks for sharing:)