blank
blank

Compassion

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Jack’s Garden: Vocabulary ~Once Upon a Book

  Jack’s Garden by Henry Cole

Book Summary: A beautifully illustrated story based on the House That Jack Built, Jack’s Garden doesn’t just tell a story but teaches as well. It has labeled drawings of garden tools, insects in the soil, seeds, clouds, parts of plants, plants, butterflies, birds, and other insects.

 

Garden Vocabulary:

So how is your garden growing? Observing your garden each week is a wonderful way to practice vocabulary:

stem
leaves
bud
roots
veins
fruit
vegetable

 

 

We also printed out this printable from Homeschool Creations. I printed the full page in grey-scale and then another copy in color. I cut the color copy apart and then my girls worked on matching the correct pieces.


Observing a garden is also a great way to learn the names of different herbs, fruits, and vegetables.

 

I had my toddlers up to my teens help create custom plant markers for our garden. It was fun and easy for even the littlest ones. Check out my step-by-step tutorial on how to create these plant markers with your family.

 

You can find even more plant and garden ideas on my Garden-themed Pinterest board.

Don’t miss the other book ideas for Jack’s Garden:

No comments: