blank
blank

Compassion

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bible Bites ~ I AM...Week 1

During March, let's focus on deepening our tot's understanding of Jesus! And what better way than through Jesus' tangible "I am" statements?

You'll want to hang a poster with the words, "Jesus said, "I am..." written across the top. Each week, your tot will be attaching pictures, photos, and other reminders of each word picture.

Week 1: "I am the living bread that came down from heaven." John 6:51
You guessed it: this week, we're pulling our kiddos up onto the counter-top, rolling up our sleeves and making some delicious bread! (Need a recipe? Try this one: Fabulous Homemade Bread) As you add the ingredients, knead the dough, wait for the bread to rise, enjoy the delicious aroma, and take your first warm bite, tell your tot that, just as bread satisfies our hungry tummies, Jesus is the only One who satisfies our hungry souls.

Memorize the verse together and tape pictures of bread, a copy of your recipe, or labels from a bread bag to your "I am" poster. Stay tuned, this afternoon there will be a Simply Made post up with a new PDF to download for this month!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea!

We love discussing the I AM's of Jesus!

Blessings sweet friend!
Jill

Becca Daws said...

Love your blog!! My mother-in-law has a blog on training up children - especially preschoolers about Jesus too. Yours reminds me so much of hers!

If you want to check it out it's www.trainupthechild.com

Heather said...

This is wonderful! I love your ideas.

Mrs B said...

What a delightful coincidence! Just found your blog for the first time as part of research as we decided that we would focus on the I AM's over Lent for the Children focused services we hold for our benefice (in our case a collection of 5 small village parishes) here in England UK. The bread of life being the focus last Sunday - we had a tasting session of all different breads including the closest to the one Jesus might have eaten (pitta). Light of the world is the focus this Sunday with splitting of light into colours and colours merging into one being the activities that will help with the understanding of how Jesus brings light into our lives.

Becky said...

Thank you so much for this new blog!!!!
I cant wait to do the "I Am's" with my little girl.
I am going to Kinkos!!!!