blank
blank

Compassion

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Get Real with God ~ I AM

HE is the I AM……..so we are…..

I don’t know about you but I sure am a lot of different people all wrapped up in one. I am the wife, the mother, the daughter, the sister, and the friend and because I am those things I am to a lesser degree mediator, advisor, cook, maid, shopper, chauffer, booboo kisser, lover, hand holder, hug giver, rule maker, judge, jury, and so much more. I think many of us, if not all of us, find ourselves lost in the I ams of our lives, weary from changing so many hats and trying to be all to the people in our lives, we forget we are first, and foremost the daughter of the Great I AM.

He is the I AM therefore we are….. (emphasis mine)

Created…Genesis 1:26-27 And God said, “Let us make people in our image, to be like ourselves…...27 So God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself; male and female he created them.

Known…Psalms 139:1-3 Oh Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up . You know my every thought when far away. You chart the path ahead of me and tell me where to stop and rest. EVERY moment you know where I am.

Chosen…1 Corinthians 6:11 There was a time when some of you were just like that, but now your sins have been washed away, and you have been set apart for God. You have been made right with God because of what the Lord Jesus Christ and the Spirit of our God have done for you. Ephesians 1:11 Furthermore, because of Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for he chose us from the beginning, and all things happen just as he decided long ago.

Bought…Ephesians 1:7 He is so rich in kindness that he purchased our freedom through the blood of his Son, and our sins are forgiven.

Free…Titus 2:14 He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing what is right.

Redeemed…Luke 1:68 Praise the Lord, the God of Israel, because he has visited his people and redeemed them.

New creations…Ephesians 4:24 You must display a new nature because you are a new person, created in God’s likeness- righteous, holy, and true.

Loved…Romans 8:27.….overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
2 Thessalonians 2:16 May our Lord Jesus Christ and God our Father, who loved us and in his special favor gave us everlasting comfort and good hope, comfort your hearts and give you strength in every good thing you do and say.

Set apart…I Corinthians 6:11 There was a time when some of you were just like that, but now your sins have been washed away, and you have been set apart for God. You have been made right with God because of what the Lord Jesus Christ and the Spirit of our God have done for you.

Reflectors of God’s Glory….2 Corinthians3:18 And all of us have had that veil removed so that we can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like him and reflect his glory even more.

Called….1Peter 4:16 Praise God for the privilege of being called by his wonderful name! Isaiah 49:1 Listen to me, all of you in far-off lands! The LORD called me before my birth; from within the womb he called me by name.

Strong…Ephesians 6:10 A final word: Be strong with the Lord's mighty power.

Let there be freedom in these words.
Don’t believe the lie Satan will tell you that you must earn these things…the love, the power, the freedom. Through Jesus Christ’s life, death, and resurrection the price has been paid. The Way has been paved, and the burden has been lifted. There is NOTHING, friends, NOTHING that we can do to earn HIS love, to be more acceptable to HIM, or to make HIM see us any differently. Because HE is the Great I AM (we don’t have to do anything).

I pray that as you see who you are in Christ ……your roots will go down deep into the soil of God’s marvelous love. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love really is…..(for you). Ephesians 3:17 &18.

(All verses from the New Living Translation)

No comments: