blank
blank

Compassion

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Tot Food ~ What's on YOUR Tot's Plate?

We are going to begin a weekly round-up of tot lunch plate photos! Yup, I want you to take a photo of your tot's lunch plate (one day or every day for a week) and then link us to your *What's on YOUR Tot's Plate?* post so we can all get ideas! If you don't have your own blog but would like to participate, you can email a photo of your tot's plate to me and I will put it in the weekly post!

I strive to feed my tot (and older bro) healthy, easy lunch meals, and even though I have a ton of ideas in my head, I am always looking for new ones, or twists on old ones :). I hope you will join me in sharing what you are actually feeding your tot!

You can just share the photos, or also share any info about what was on the plate (did your tot like it, what was it, how to make it, etc.).

You can ONLY link to the weekly Mr Linky if you write a post exclusively for this, link to that exact post (not your homepage), and provide a link back to Totally Tots in your post. I hate to be a meanie-but we gotta have rules or it won't work! If you have any questions, let me know. For now, start snapping photos and working on a post, I will post the first Mr Linky next week!

To get you started, here are a few ladies who got started early for me to get your ideas flowing!


Thanks to Tricia for sharing one of her tot's recent plates...

(cubed goat's milk cheese, little wheat toasts, black bean chicken pieces, marinated bean and corn salad, assorted veggies, fresh strawberries, and milk)


Thanks to Katie for sharing her tot's recent plates...

The first is good ole' horizon DHA whole milk, egglands best eggs with 2% cheddar cheese sprinkled in, and some awesome pancakes. Check out this recipe... Natures Path FlaxPlus Multigrain Pancake Mix plus the 2/3 c water and 1T oil it calls for... then add one mashed banana, 2T almonds ground up to a fine powder and ground flaxseed... plus blueberries as the pancakes are cooking. I'm telling you they are awesome and packed with great protein and fiber!

Second plate: Boars Head all natural turkey breast cut into chunks (nitrate free), green bell pepper, cooked sweet potato, string cheese, blueberries, kiwi, strawberry, and cut up clementines. If he's still hungry after that, we follow up with Thomas English Muffins with extra fiber or a piece of Arnold 100% whole wheat double fiber bread.

Thanks to Jenny for sharing her tot's recent plate...

I’m sure like most of you in our house meal times are always a busy time, but I try to provide meals that are fun, nutritious, and quick for my little ones. Nutrition is something that has always been very important to me. I try to provide foods for my family that are well balanced, I buy mostly organic (whenever possible), and shop on a budget. I’m hoping to share some of my little “mommy secrets” with you and look forward to learning some of yours along the way too.

So let’s get to it….

Lunch #1 Pumpkin enjoyed a “Taquito Sunrise” I made a sun (or at least that is what I decided to call it) out of Chicken and Cheese Taquito’s. The Taquitos were the suns rays and the sour cream center for dipping was the sun. The “Sun” was served with diced tomato (flowers). This lunch was a huge hit with Pumpkin (31/2) and her 2 friends (ages 4 and 2)! They all asked for more….now that is what I would call a successful afternoon lunch.
From my little kitchen to yours…stay tuned for upcoming lunches I hope your kids will enjoy too!

And, from our very own Jill, check out her version of a Happy Meal...

Stay tuned, the new Mr Linky feature will go up next Saturday, so get your cameras out and get your blog posts ready to share!!! You can right click and copy the graphic at the top of this post if you would like to use it in your post. You certainly don't have to, but are welcome to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great! Thanks. Luckily my daughter is not a picky eater, so she eats whatever we're having (meaning we won't have many tot meals to share with everyone), but these are such fun meals, we'll definitely have to try them out!