Summary: A simple poem describing all kinds of stars that appear in the night sky.
Watercolor I Like Stars...
- White Cardstock or construction paper
- Red, Green, Blue and Yellow Crayons
- Watered down black paint
- Take your construction paper/cardstock and draw stars on it using your crayons. (My Lo helped, she drew a red butterfly and moon. She said, "the moon was a great full moon!" )
- Give the starred paper to your LO along with the cup of watered down black paint and let them paint.
- The stars will pop through the paint and it will look like the last page of the I Like Stars book.
Clothespin Stars Game...
- posterboard or laminated stars
- cut out stars out of white posterboard or construction paper (if using construction paper, laminate for sturdy stars)
- Color your posterboard stars and clothespins (each star gets a clothespin)
- Lay the stars out on to the floor
- Placed colored the clothespins in a bag
- Let LO pull out a clothespin and clip it to the matching star!
- **for added fun you can do each point on the star gets that colored of clothespins if you have enough to go around!**
Stay Tuned...For our next Once Upon A Book, you'll need spring magazine clippings (ex: old flower catalogs, garden magazines, birds, and anything with pictures of spring things!) for the book, God Made Spring!