We love this book, the rainbow slowly appears before your LO's eyes!! You can talk about each color and see each color as it is added to rainbow at the end of the book.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- food coloring
- Ziploc baggies (6 total)
- place all ingredients into a saucepan and stir until all blended and no lumps
- cook until thick
- divide into 3 bowls, now add your food coloring: add blue to one, red to one and yellow to the other (mix the color in so your stew is all that color)
- Color Mixing: in 3 baggies place the following combo
Put Blue/Red in one baggie
Put Blue/Yellow in one baggie
Put Red/Yellow in one baggie
- Seal up the baggies and place inside another baggie. If you think your LO will be tempted to open it tape the top shut!
- Now let them smash, squeeze the colors together and make a new color!
For an added bonus print this color mixing rainbow worksheet:Rainbow Pasta Rainbow/Necklace
- Rainbow worksheet or draw one yourself
- food coloring
- wax paper lined cookie sheet
- colored pasta
- place your pasta into a baggie, add some food coloring and seal the baggie
- give to your LO and let them shake it up until pasta is covered
- open and lay out on wax paper
- repeat to color more pasta different colors
- let pasta dry (this is very fast)
- get out your Rainbow and some glue and have LO squeeze glue on to the rainbow and place pasta all over it to make their own Rainbow
get out some yarn and pipe cleaner and string colored pasta to make necklaces and bracelets!
Stay Tuned...For our next Once Upon A Book, we will be starting our monthly theme all about the POND! Our first book will be In the Small, Small Pond.